- 1. What are the requirements needed to rent a car?
Age: Between 23 and 65 years old
License: A valid Singapore Class 3 driving license or a valid international driving licence
Payment: Cash or credit card. (Deposit of $500 is applicable for daily rental)
- 2. Can anyone other than myself drive the car?
Yes, additional driver is allowed but this information must be provided prior to check-out of car.
This additional driver must also fulfill the basic requirements for car rental.
- 3. How can I make reservation for rental to Malaysia?
Please inform us of your intention to drive to Malaysia when you make your reservation.
Daily rental charges will be based on brochure rates and there will be an additional charge for usage in Malaysia.
- 4. What happens if I can't return the car on time?
One-fifth of the daily rental rate will be charged for every additional hour of late return.
- 5. Who do I contact if there is a problem with my rental vehicle?
We have a 24-hour Breakdown Service that can be reached at 9785 8800 for any problem encountered with our vehicle.
- 6. Can I reserve a vehicle for more than 30 days?
Yes, but with the standard deposit [monthly rate plus one month deposit] paid.
- 7. Can I change or cancel my reservation online? Is there a penalty cancellation fee on my reservation?
You may send us an email to change or cancel your reservation. However, if notice is given less than 24 hours before the date and time of reservation, a cancellation fee of $107 applies.
- 8. Is the vehicle insurance included in the daily rental rate?
Yes. We provide comprehensive insurance for our vehicles, i.e. it covers both our vehicle as well as the third party's.
- 9. If I have my own personal accident insurance, do I still need to purchase one?
The purchase of Personal Accident Insurance is optional.
- 10. Is delivery or collection service available?
Yes. There is a minimum service fee of $30 (before GST) for any delivery or collection of vehicle.
- 11. What does "excess" means?
It means the liability that the hirer should bear in event of any damages or accidents to the rental vehicle. Non-waiverable excess (NWE) is the reduced excess when the additional insurance benefit, Collision Damage Reduction (CDR) is purchased.
- 12. What type of credit cards do you accept?
Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Diners Club V card.
- 13. Is petrol at the hirer's expense?
Yes, the Hirer/Driver has to refill the petrol to its original level. If not, it will be chargeable to the hirer.
PRIVATE HIRE VEHICLE RENTAL
- 1. If I have questions about my private hire vehicle / rental, what can I do?
Please call us at +65 68820888 during office hours, or locate us at Blk H, 205 Braddell Road Singapore 579701. Alternatively, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2. How do I make payment for the accident excess?
You may make payment for accident excess at Blk H, 205 Braddell Road Singapore 579701 by cash, debit / credit card, or via Giro collection scheme.
- 3. If I am suspended / banned by a ride hailing company, and I want to return my car, will it be a breach of my car rental contract?
Your status with any ride hailing company is a separate matter between the both of you. We recommend that you appeal directly to the ride hailing company.
- 4. Do I need to register with any ride hailing company in order to rent a vehicle from ComfortDelGro Rent-A-Car?
No, you do not have to. In the event that you wish to, you may sign up with any ride hailing company.
- 5. Can my rental vehicle be used to drive for other ride-hailing App?
Yes, you may drive our vehicle using any ride hailing App.
- 6. What should I do if :
I lost the rental car keys
Please take the following steps:
- Make a police report.
- Call +65 6553 1111 for towing of your car which will be sent to our designated workshop.
- Submit your police report to us at our office during office hours or email to email@example.com
We will have the locks replaced. The cost of replacement for locks, towing, and service charge will be charged to you. No downtime reimbursement / vehicle replacement will be provided to you when the vehicle is in the workshop for changing the locks.
My rental vehicle breaks down
Please call +65 6553 1111 for our assistance.
My rental car tyre is punctured
Change to your spare tyres, and have the original tyres patched up in a tyre shop. Have your original wheels back on your car as soon as possible; a spare tyre is only for interim and emergency use. If you require further assistance, please call +65 6553 1111.
I need a replacement car when my rental car is under repair for more than 6 hours
We will provide you with a replacement car the next working day or whenever one is available. Otherwise, we will ensure that you are reimbursed accordingly.
I got into an accident
- Stay calm and check for injuries; If there are any injuries or accident involving government / diplomatic vehicles, please call 999 / 995 immediately.
- If possible, move the car to a safe place, out of traffic. Turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights and use warning triangles if available for your own safety.
- Take down the particulars of the drivers and car plate numbers of all vehicles at the scene.
- Take clear photos of the accident scene, surroundings and damages to the vehicles and or property.
The windscreen has a crack
Make a report at our assigned workshop, Sparks Car Care / ComfortDelGro Engineering Pte Ltd at Blk C, 205 Braddell Road Singapore 579701 during office hours. A windscreen excess of $107 and PHC decal replacement of $20 is payable.
My rental car gets repossessed
You will receive an email regarding the repossessed vehicle. Head down to the collection site as listed in the email or Blk H, 205 Braddell Road Singapore 579701 to either:
- Make full payments and collect your rental vehicle back or
- Return the vehicle keys and discharge your contract and sign an installment plan with us to clear your arrears
The IU is not working
Try another cash card. If it still does not work, send your vehicle to VICOM and they will advise if it is spoilt and requires replacement. If a new IU is required, please make payment and send us the original proof of payment together with the new IU serial number. We will reimburse / deduct from your rental charges accordingly.
- 7. What is the deposit amount?
We collect $500 to $1,000 per rental car depending on age, make and / or model. Please check with us upon signing up.
- 8. What payment methods do you accept for deposit and advance rental payments?
We accept cash, debit / credit card payments at Blk H, 205 Braddell Road Singapore 579701.
- 9. Must I pay the full deposit before collecting my car?
Yes, please pay for one-week advance rental + the required deposit before collecting your car.
- 10. What car rental promotions are available?
We are already offering preferential rates with competitive insurance excess.
- 11. What is the insurance excess amount?
The insurance excess is $2,140 (Section I) + $2,140 (Section II) for 1.5 / 1.6L vehicles. The insurance excess is $2,675 (Section I) + $2,675 (Section II) for 1.8 / 2.0L vehicles.
- 12. Can I add a relief driver?
Yes, you may add only one additional Singaporean / SPR relief driver by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy (front and back) of his / her NRIC, driving licence and TDVL/ PDVL (if applicable). We will send you a confirmation reply before you can share the vehicle.
- 13. When can I collect my rental car after placing a deposit?
You may collect your rental car as soon as you had placed a deposit, subject to vehicle’s availability.
- 14. Where do I collect my rental car?
Once you had received our confirmation, you may collect your rental car at Blk H, 205 Braddell Road Singapore 579701 during office hours.
- 15. What do I need to bring when collecting my rental car?
Please bring the following documents:
- Your original NRIC
- Your original Singapore Driver’s Licence
- Your original latest official proof of residential address (SP Services, Mobile phone bill etc.)
- Your original PDVL/ TDVL
- Completed Giro form (request one from us) with your bank’s authentication
- 16. What if my rental car isn’t in a good condition when I collect it?
If you are dissatisfied with the condition of your vehicle upon car collection, you definitely do not have to accept it. You may choose to reject the vehicle and we will do our utmost best to provide you with another vehicle of the same model and type. Should there not be any vehicles available, you will be rescheduled to collect the vehicle on another day.
- 17. How do I extend my car rental contract?
Please contact us at +65 68820888 during office hours or email us at email@example.com for contract renewal matters.
- 18. I want to exchange my vehicle. What should I do?
Please contact us at +65 68820888 during office hours or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you once we are able to fulfill your request.
- 19. When will I be charged for my rental?
Rental will be deducted from your interbank Giro every Wednesday. To avoid charges by your bank for any unsuccessful GIRO transaction, please ensure there is sufficient funds in your bank account by 23:59 hrs every Tuesday. Unsuccessful GIRO collections for 2 weeks will also be subjected to repossession of your rental car until the outstanding debts are settled. Late payment interest of 1.5% per month calculated on a daily basis applies on all outstanding charges.
- 20. Can I keep driving my rental car instead of returning it when my contract period is over?
Yes, you may keep driving the car instead of returning it when your minimum contract period is over. In the event that you decide to continue driving upon contract expiry, you are deemed to have extended the period of hire for another month.
- 21. What are the procedures involved to return my rental car?
You are required to serve a mandatory 7-day notice by email to email@example.com after fulfilling the minimum rental period, otherwise your return may be rejected. Thereafter, you may return the vehicle to Blk H, 205 Braddell Road Singapore 579701 during office hours.
- 22. When will I receive my deposit after returning my rental car?
You will receive your deposit refund via interbank Giro to your bank account within 14 working days of returning your rental car.
- 23. I received traffic / parking violation notice. What do I do?
Go to an AXS machine to make payment. Just key in your vehicle number and pay accordingly. Do keep a receipt as proof of payment.